SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Thursday, January 28, 2010

RESPECT

How important is respect? I only ask because it seems to me that some kids out there lack it. They are rude and disrespectful to friends, parents and well just everyone in general. I try to instill the importance of good manners in my children but they seem to lose it when they are with their friends. So how do we teach them? How do we make them realize that manners are important? What about lying? You catch a kid in a lie then what happens? You ground them? So do they lie again? HECK YES they do. They know they can get away with it some of the times. But how do we make them realize the wrong of their actions? I mean come on we did that when we were kids right? I know I had a little white fib from time to time. But I tried NEVER to be disrespectful. How hard is it for a kid to say thanks mom for making me dinner? Or mom can you pleas pick me up from my friends house? Or just a may I please be excused? Oh well I guess I will have to figure a new way to teach tehe basics!

No comments:

Post a Comment