SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FOOD~ I LOVE IT!!

Pizza~ one of my favorite foods but my mom would laugh if she heard that. While we were growing up pizza was a twice a week food. Almost every Thursday or Friday we would head over to Fenton Rd to the Little Ceaser's Pizza House. I remember thinking that, when I get older I would never eat it again. Oh well I guess I fibbed! LOL. I am actually making pizza for dinner, well stromboli but close enough. I have found that when I make it from scratch I enjoy it more. So off I went to the kitchen and whipped up some dough. I thought with this in mind that I would post a recipe that I like.

You will need~

Kitchen Aid mixer or eletric hand mixer ( any eletric mixer :) )
31/4 cups flour ( i like to use 2 1/4 cups wheat and 1 cup white)
2 tablespoons olive oil (you can use veg oil but olive oil has more flavor)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 packet rapid rise yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoon rapid bread machine yeast.
1 cup warm water

First mix 1 1/4 cup flour, yeast, and salt. Mix with fork just until blended. Second, add water and mix with mixer on low until blended. Slowly add flour until all is used. You may need to add more water because you will want the dough to be where you can roll it into a ball and it doesn't stick. Put in a bowl and cover with towel for 10 minutes. Then, roll out with rolling pin and make you pizza. Make sure to spray pan so pizza doesn't stick. If you have a pizza sone then just sprinkle with corn meal instead. Cook at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment