SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Friday, February 5, 2010

Products I love!

If you have ever suffered from food allergies, you know how hard it can be to find good products. Well I have found a few products I love and just wanted to share them with you. Some are Gluten free and some are well...just good.

If you have never tried TINKYADA pasta, then now is the time. They have many varities and come in non-organic and organic. I love this pasta! It tastes just like regular pasta. I have found out that the best way to cook it is this- soak it in cold water for one hour. When ready to eat prepare as followed- heat water until boiing. then drain and rinse pasta. finally, add pasta to hot water. Cook until hot then serve with sauce.

I also love UNCLE EDDIES vegan cookies. If you have never tried these then you are deffantly missing out! They carry about six different kinds. My favorite are the trail mix cookies.

Mother's Cocoa Bumpers YUMMY! They taste like cocoa puffs but they are natural! I also noticed that once you have had them you can't go back!

I love to cook so great food is a big deal. I love to take the TINKYADA shells (they look like big seashells) and stuff them with a mixture of riocotta cheese, basil, parm, and well any cheeses you love actually. I then take a red sauce mixed with cut veggies and pour it over the top. I then add a bit of parm and then mozzerella over the top. Bake at 375 degrees until cheese is golden brown. Make sure you cover with foil for the first 20 minutes. Take cover off and cook another 10 to 15 minutes. YUMMY! I also like to make hmemade mac and cheese.

To make mac and cheese-

I start with the TINKYADA elbow noodles. I soak 2cups in cold water for an hour. The I rinse and set aside ( this will soften the noodles and take some of the starch off the noodles). Next I prepare the sauce. To do this you will need 2cups milk, 2tablespoons butter (i like real butter), 2tablespoons flour (you can use rice flour for this and some times I only use one tablespoon), 1 1/2cup sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzerella, about 1/3 cup parm cheese ( this depends on how much you like this cheese), paprika, salt and pepper to taste.


I put milk, butter, flour, and cheese in pan and melt on low ( you can do medium low but watch to make sure you don't scorch the milk). Cook until all cheese is melted. I then add a sprinkle of paprika, a bit of salt and pepper to taste. I then place noodles in boiling water until warm. When they are warm place them in an oven safe dish. Then add the cheese mixture. Stir to mix it all togther. Sprinkle top with paprika. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees!

If you have food allergy to gluten you will love these gluten free peanut butter cookies.

1cup sugar granulated. It can be organic.
1cup Peanut Butter. Again, can be organic.
1 egg.

Mix all ingredients together. I like to bake them at 350 for about 10 minutes. This will depend on your stove. I also like to melt gluten free chocolate and dip the cookies in the chocolate and then let them set. When the chocolate hardens they are ready to eat!

Well I hope you enjoy the goodies I have liste above! You can let me know. Just drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment